Blackbox512
مشاركات في هذا الموضوع: 11
مشاركات: 11
اشترك في: منذ 5 سنوات
كسبت: Locked

Canadian-American trying to help Saudi Fiancée

1#

مشاركة بواسطة Blackbox512 » منذ 5 سنوات

Hi I hope english is okay as I don't speak any Arabic and Google translate Arabic is awful I've been told

,I am trying to help my Fiancée who is also an atheist escape Saudi Arabia the first plan had been to get a visitors visa to Canada and claim asylum there
however the visa is still processing and may not be approved

She does have guardian approval to travel so my next thought was go to Hong Kong however it looks like the UNHCR there no longer processes claims
and instead Hong Kong has an asylum process which takes years and isn't great

I talked to an American immigration lawyer and even if she is in Hong Kong and we a married there isn't much I can do to get her to America until she has legal status in Hong Kong

Canada is unable to expedite spousal sponsorship so she would be stuck in Hong Kong for a year in limbo

I have looked into Canada's urgent refugee program as me and her both have family there, but if the UNHCR in Hong Kong no longer processes claims then she can't get accepted into the program

I am a dual US-Canadian citizen, I live in America and I come from a well off family, and have a high income so I have money for lawyers etc

Any ideas or advice?

NorgeNorge
مشاركات في هذا الموضوع: 6

Re: Canadian-American trying to help Saudi Fiancée

2#

مشاركة بواسطة NorgeNorge » منذ 5 سنوات

Hi,

I'm so glad that you're trying to help your Fiancée to escape from SA, if she is a Saudi citizen and she does have guardian approval to travel as you said, hopefully there are no difficulties for your Fiancée to travel to America

My advice is that you have to look for an admission from an English language school in America for her , then she can travel easily from SA to America.

All the best
Regards

خالد808
مشاركات في هذا الموضوع: 2
مشاركات: 452
اشترك في: منذ 6 سنوات
وزّع لايكات: 13 مرة
تلقّى لايكات: 65 مرة

3#

مشاركة بواسطة خالد808 » منذ 5 سنوات

have you met in person ?

if you ave met in person at least once within the last 2 years you can help her apply for a fiance visa . or she can apply for a US visitor visa and then you can get married in the US and adjust her status >

كاتب الموضوع
Blackbox512

4#

She doesnt have Saudi citizenship her father was from a poor african country and her mother was Saudi so they would't give her Saudi citizenship.
She is a resident of Saudi through her mother and has the citizenship of her fathers country
I have considered a student visa for her however the amount of money required is more than her family has and she isnt in graduate school yet.

We havent met in person yet I offered to travel to Dubai and see her there however she wouldnt be able to explain that to her mother who is also trying to leave Saudi too

NorgeNorge

5#

http://sauditourism.sa/en/Pages/default.aspx

This is a Saudi tourism website. You will find all the information to come to SA as a tourist and meet your fiancée,

Of course you will not mention anything about your fiancée to the Saudi authorities.

كاتب الموضوع
Blackbox512

6#

I think it would be easier for me and her to meet in Bahrain or UAE than for me to get a visa to Saudi.

كاتب الموضوع
Blackbox512

7#

So we had a different idea if we both traveled to a country that would let us get married and we got married would I then be her legal guardian in Saudi?

NorgeNorge

8#

Yes, you will be like any non-Saudi or Saudi couples in SA

كاتب الموضوع
Blackbox512

9#

So in the US we have proxy marriages where only one person has to be there inperson to get legally married

So I got legally married to her in the eyes of the US had a marriage certificate and paperwork even though we didnt meet in person to do it and it was a civil ceremony and I didnt leave the US and she didn't leave Saudi but we were now legally married in the US would Saudi recognize that and let me become her guardian

خالد808
مشاركات في هذا الموضوع: 2
مشاركات: 452
اشترك في: منذ 6 سنوات
وزّع لايكات: 13 مرة
تلقّى لايكات: 65 مرة

10#

مشاركة بواسطة خالد808 » منذ 5 سنوات

Blackbox512 كتب:
منذ 5 سنوات 
So in the US we have proxy marriages where only one person has to be there inperson to get legally married

So I got legally married to her in the eyes of the US had a marriage certificate and paperwork even though we didnt meet in person to do it and it was a civil ceremony and I didnt leave the US and she didn't leave Saudi but we were now legally married in the US would Saudi recognize that and let me become her guardian
i suggest you consult with an immigration lawyer

even though you are legally married in your state the USCIS might not issue her a marriage visa if you have not met in person

and since you are already legally married in the US she cant get a fiance visa

صورة العضو الشخصية

admin
Site Admin
مشاركات في هذا الموضوع: 3
مشاركات: 5013
اشترك في: منذ 7 سنوات
المكان: ****
تلقّى لايكات: 784 مرة
الجنس:
اتصال:

11#

مشاركة بواسطة admin » منذ 5 سنوات

! رسالة من: admin
صورة

Guys, please use this button for English texts.

Thank you.

كاتب الموضوع
Blackbox512

12#

خالد808 كتب:
منذ 5 سنوات 
Blackbox512 كتب:
منذ 5 سنوات 

i suggest you consult with an immigration lawyer

even though you are legally married in your state the USCIS might not issue her a marriage visa if you have not met in person

and since you are already legally married in the US she cant get a fiance visa
Yes we would have to consummate it however her safety come first and if I can become her male guardian then she can traval and meet me, and live alone hiding from her family.

صورة العضو الشخصية

admin
Site Admin
الجنس:
اتصال:

13#

Georgia is an alternative to Hong Kong. But we don't have any experience with UNHCR in Georgia.

There are non-stop flights from Saudi Arabia to Georgia, or she can take a layover in Turkey.

Georgia is generally safe for Saudi female asylum seekers.

Renting a room through airbnb can be cheap and helps hide her place while in Georgia.

كاتب الموضوع
Blackbox512

14#

admin كتب:
منذ 5 سنوات 
Georgia is an alternative to Hong Kong. But we don't have any experience with UNHCR in Georgia.

There are non-stop flights from Saudi Arabia to Georgia, or she can take a layover in Turkey.

Georgia is generally safe for Saudi female asylum seekers.

Renting a room through airbnb can be cheap and helps hide her place while in Georgia.
She has Chadian citizenship, Georgia requires a visa for her.

صورة العضو الشخصية

admin
Site Admin
الجنس:
اتصال:

15#

Three Saudi girls were able to successfully utilize The U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) by applying directly to the U.S. embassy in Hong Kong.

However, the link has been removed. Here's an archived copy:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180521203 ... 277838.htm

كاتب الموضوع
Blackbox512

16#

admin كتب:
منذ 5 سنوات 
Three Saudi girls were able to successfully utilize The U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) by applying directly to the U.S. embassy in Hong Kong.

However, the link has been removed. Here's an archived copy:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180521203 ... 277838.htm
The lawyer said thats a long shot at best.

كاتب الموضوع
Blackbox512

17#

NorgeNorge كتب:
منذ 5 سنوات 
Apparently its far more complicated then that, because a foreign marriage has to be registered with a Saudi court, and even though she's not a Saudi citizen and Saudi foreign marriage laws don't apply to her Sharia marriage laws still do.

NorgeNorge

18#

Blackbox512 كتب:
منذ 5 سنوات 
NorgeNorge كتب:
منذ 5 سنوات 
Apparently its far more complicated then that, because a foreign marriage has to be registered with a Saudi court, and even though she's not a Saudi citizen and Saudi foreign marriage laws don't apply to her Sharia marriage laws still do.
Contact your embassy in SA, about how to submit a legal marriage certificate in SA.

كاتب الموضوع
Blackbox512

19#

NorgeNorge كتب:
منذ 5 سنوات 
Blackbox512 كتب:
منذ 5 سنوات 
NorgeNorge كتب:
منذ 5 سنوات 
Contact your embassy in SA, about how to submit a legal marriage certificate in SA.
The issue is it would be without her families approval which appears to be a no go for the courts. But all the info I can find in english is about if I wanted to immigrate there and I don't wanna go their period.

NorgeNorge

20#

Try to look for a student visa for her in a poor and cheap country like India, then you can get married there.

كاتب الموضوع
Blackbox512

21#

NorgeNorge كتب:
منذ 5 سنوات 
Try to look for a student visa for her in a poor and cheap country like India, then you can get married there.
Hmm worth a look, however the issue isn't getting legally married, its will Saudi recognize it. She isn't a citizen just a resident. We can get legally married from the US and have a valid marriage certificate. But having Saudi recognize it so I can be her mahram and allow her to travel to meet me is a different matter.

NorgeNorge

22#

Blackbox512 كتب:
منذ 5 سنوات 
NorgeNorge كتب:
منذ 5 سنوات 
Hmm worth a look, however the issue isn't getting legally married, its will Saudi recognize it. She isn't a citizen just a resident. We can get legally married from the US and have a valid marriage certificate. But having Saudi recognize it so I can be her mahram and allow her to travel to meet me is a different matter.
Yes i know its not about getting married ، fortunately your Fiancée does have guardian approval to travel at least to India for example.

All the best

أضف رد جديد الموضوع السابقالموضوع التالي

الموجودون الآن

المستخدمون الذين يتصفحون المنتدى الآن: لا يوجد أعضاء مسجلين متصلين و 104 زوار