This beautiful two-island nation is blessed with tropical temperatures, clear blue waters and a bustling trade and tourism economy. It is well-connected by direct flights to and from Europe and the U.S., and offers residents and citizens sought-after advantages, such as dual citizenship and tax-free worldwide income. As one of the longest-established programs of its kind, the St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program offers applicants a host of unique benefits:
- Fast processing within four months.
- Inclusion of dependent children under 30 and dependent parents or grandparents over 55.
- Addition of dependent children under 16, born after citizenship has been granted, to be processed by the Ministry of National Security.
- No physical residency requirements.
- No requirement to travel to St. Kitts & Nevis during the application process.
- No interview, education or managerial experience required.
- Visa-free travel to more than 100 countries, including Schengen member states, the U.K., Hong Kong, Singapore and more.
- No tax on worldwide income.
- St. Kitts & Nevis recognises dual citizenship, so investors can still benefit from their current passports.
The St. Kitts & Nevis (St. Christopher & Nevis) Citizenship by Investment Program was established in 1984 under the regulations of the 1984 Citizenship Act, Part II, Section 3 (5), which makes it the oldest citizenship by investment program in the world.
To qualify for citizenship in St. Kitts & Nevis, applicants must fulfill one of the investment requirements below in addition to the following criteria:
- Be of outstanding character.
- Hold no criminal record.
- Have excellent health.
- Have a high personal net worth.
1. Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation Contribution
Contribution levels vary depending on the size of the applying family.
- US$250,000: Main applicant.
- US$300,000: Family with up to 3 dependents.
- US$25,000: Per additional dependent.
- US$7,500: Due diligence of main applicant.
- US$4,000: Due diligence for dependent over 16.
- US$4,000: Due diligence for financial sponsor.
Applicants may purchase government-approved property valued at a minimum of US$400,000, or purchase shares valued at the same minimum amount in a real estate development. The investment must be maintained for a minimum of five years. Investors may be required to pay additional taxes and fees.
Kittitian Hill Premier Cottage Suites
The Premier Cottage Suites, offered by Arton Capital, are an exclusive selection of four-bedroom suites located within the Kittitian Hill resort. Each shareholder will be entitled to income from the rental pool as well as other exclusive benefits:
- No responsibility for any ongoing costs for five years.
- Free stay at the suites for 14 nights per year.
- Automatic enrollment in Preferred Residences, a membership and exchange program for luxury resort share owners. The program allows shareholders to exchange their usage with other luxury resorts worldwide.
- Available Preferred Share Offer (RPSO) or Buy Back Option, an exclusive product in collaboration between Kittitian Hill resort and Arton Capital that offers applicants the guaranteed option to re-sell the property back to the developer at the nominal purchase value after the five-year holding period.
The Redeemable Preferred Share Offer (RPSO) is an exclusive product with Arton Capital and is commonly referred to as the Buy Back Option. The offer allows applicants to purchase a share of specially appointed Cottage Suites within the development for US$400,000. Applicants renounce any income or dividends from the company in exchange for the guaranteed option to re-sell the property back to the developer after five years. After the five-year holding period, the purchaser will have the following options:
- Redeem their share for the same purchase amount of US$400,000.
- Re-sell their share to a private buyer, who can then also apply for St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship.
- Choose to retain ownership.
The alternative for investors is this feature of luxury villas and suites, each with an ocean view. Investors may choose between purchasing on a fractional interest basis and purchasing a unit as a whole. There are many advantages for investors who opt for this alternative:
- Owners considered early buyers will be entitled to a waiver of the Regular Annual Assessments for a period of five years.
- Owners have equal access to all residences within the same category type that is purchased.
- 14 usage days during the high season and 21 usage days during the low season. If a whole unit is purchased, the number of usage days per high season and per low season will increase.